Thursday, July 21, 2011

Honey Lime Chicken with Rice

I saw this recipe posted online a few days ago and a lot of people favored it and said they liked it. I did used lime here since I don’t have lemon so if you wanted to try this recipe, then two tablespoons of lemon will do instead of lime juice.


Honey Lime Chicken which tastes like chicken adobo with a twist
chicken with rice



About this recipe Honey Lime Chicken with rice, it does taste a lot like our very own local recipe called Adobo although you don’t include vinegar in this recipe and the preparation is not the same. It was just easy to prepare and it does not need a lot of complicated ingredients. All you needed was chicken thighs, garlic, onions, soy sauce, lemon or lime, honey, chicken broth, olive oil and long grain rice.

I did put only one tablespoon of honey because I don’t want it to be so sweet. But if your tongue likes to eat sweet foods, then I suggest two tablespoons of honey will do for you. First step that is needed is to fry the chicken in olive oil. Once it gets brown, set it aside and use the remaining oil for sautéing garlic and onions.

Once your garlic and onions are done, you need to put 2 cups of chicken broth, lemon juice, soy sauce, and honey. Simmer it for 2 minutes and then add the chicken that you have fried.

The next step is to put the long grained rice which is only 1 cup. Keep the flame into medium heat for 3 minutes and the next 3 minutes you need to keep it slow. If you don’t know to measure the water in your rice, then the easiest solution that I can give you is to just put the ready cooked rice into the mixture.

What I did here is I just mixed the ready cooked rice and kept the flame slow so that the rice would not stick at the bottom. It does look like a Pulao recipe (Indian dish) but the taste was more of like chicken adobo (Filipino dish). Well anyway, this dish is good to combine with plain yogurt or fresh cucumber.

This was just local rice in India, you can use brown rice if you want
chicken lime



The only thing that I really didn’t enjoy much when I tried this recipe is that it was too oily for me. I don’t know, maybe I have put more olive oil into the dish, so for you people who would like to try this recipe, when cooking your chicken, just put small amount of olive oil so that it won’t be too oily.

You can also use brown rice for this recipe although brown rice tends to be cooked longer than the regular grains. I do hope you can also try my other chicken recipes posted here. Enjoy cooking and eating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email