Monday, September 12, 2011

Macaroni Salad

This is one dessert which is easy to prepare and your family would love it. I don’t need to list down what are needed because they are easy to remember. What I included was a can of fruit cocktail, condensed milk, macaroni and cheese. It is much better if you include an all purpose cream which I lack here because it wasn’t available in the grocery to where we go to.

Macaroni Salad for dessert
salad,macaroni


You can optionally include mayonnaise too to keep it rich and thick. But if you are concerned about calories, then you can skip on the mayo. Just boil the macaroni by following the instruction on the label. You can use either elbow, shell or bow macaroni for your salad. Drain the water and mix it with the fruit cocktail. Some do include the syrup of their fruit salad, but as for me, I don’t want a juicy and watery salad so I drain the fruit and I don’t include the syrup.

Fruit Cocktail
fruit cocktail


It would be creamier if that all purpose cream was available, sigh!
Photobucket


After this are your sweetened milk and all purpose cream. Mix them all together and then slice some cheese. The cheese is better sliced in mini cubes. You can use cheddar cheese for this type of salad, not the soft and easy to melt cheese. Place inside the fridge and enjoy this wonderful delight any time of the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I agree it would be more tasteful if there's all purpose cream. I love macarani salad.
Every occasion I usually make macaroni salad because it's so easy to prepare.

Chin chin said...

I also like macaroni salad but I do not add mayonnaise. If it's chicken macaroni salad, I would add mayonnaise.

By the way, I would like to let you know that your blog is one of my Liebster Awardees in my blog Stay at Home Blessings. Hope you can visit and accept it.

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email