Sunday, April 17, 2011

Special Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk

It was hubby’s off day and it was my chance to relax a bit on cooking. Actually I still do like to cook, but the problem is that when I cook, I try to force myself eating next because I feel like I don’t want to eat more. This pregnancy is special too and I know that is the reason why when I cook, I am already used of what I cook and I get so tired to eat what I prepared. Luckily there is hubby who can also cook great foods and I requested him to prepare me a special chicken curry.
This chicken curry was not regularly the ones he usually prepares. It was with coconut milk this time and we didn’t put any tamarind sauce or the end result would be orange in color but yellow. It is not a Thailand style curry but still the touch of Indian cuisine since it uses spices from India and surely it is really hot and spicy.

Super delicious chicken curry I have tasted
chicken curry 1



We went out for a short marketing yesterday to gather the ingredients that we needed and to supply our food stock. From fresh fruits and veggies, we also bought a dressed chicken at the market which is only Rs80 per kilo. I really like the taste of the chicken we selected last night and after hubby cooked our amazing food, we had two rice-full of plates we finish and it was incredible. I knew that when I didn’t cook the food, I can eat it.
I really ate a mountain full of rice yesterday and thanks to hubby that it was really a nice bonding and relaxing time we had. Anyway here’s the instruction for cooking Special Chicken Curry with Coconut milk.
Ingredients:

2 large onions
Ginger ( 2 inch thick) 2 pcs.
6 cloves of garlic
½ kilo chicken
Asafetida or Hing
Jeera powder
Chili powder
4 pcs. Cinnamon bark
Curry leaves 6-8 pcs.
Fenugreek leaves
Coriander powder
Fresh Coconut milk (2 cups) first and second squeeze
Coriander leaves
Salt
Black pepper (ground)
Water (tea cup)
Vegetable oil
Green chili 4 pcs.
Mustard seed or rai


Preparation / Methods for Cooking Special Chicken Curry with Coconut

Authentic Indian Cuisine.. hubby is a master chef in the making!
chicken curry 2,delicious food



Step 1: Fry the chicken first till it becomes golden brown and then set aside.

Step 2: Into that same pan, put rai, hing, ground black pepper, jeera powder, Chili, cinnamon bark and curry leaves.

Step 3: Before putting the ginger, garlic and onion next into the pan, put them in the grater or mixer first to mince them well. Fry it for 3 minutes in slow flame only.

Step 4: Once your onion is cooked you can now add 2 tbsp. of coriander powder, chili powder (it’s up to you how much you can bare) and fenugreek leaves just a small amount of it only.

Step 5: Put some water and simmer for another 2 minutes and make sure it is in slow flame only before you add the chicken. Once the chicken is in, simmer it again for another 6 minutes and put some salt to taste.

Step 6: Once the chicken is really tender and mixed with the spices, you can now pour the fresh coconut milk which is the first and second squeeze. Add some more water and simmer it again for 5 more minutes. If it needs salt you can just add.

Step 7: Lastly is the coriander leaves to garnish and add more flavor to your chicken curry. Enjoy your delicious meal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email