Monday, May 16, 2011

Vegetable Chow Mein

I had no idea of this recipe yet since I just ordered it. I do have the impression that chow mein differs from locations where chefs prepare it. What I do know is that it is a Chinese dish and it is commonly available when you order it from a Chinese restaurant.

But the thing is, I did not order it from a Chinese restaurant but an Indian restaurant that serves Chinese cuisines and I don’t know if they have given justice to this recipe or not since when I browse it online and look for pictures of what vegetable chow mein would look like, they are different varieties that showed up and the preparations vary from veggies to style of cooking. Some chow mein are dry, some are soupy and creamy which I have ordered.


Steaming goodness of Vegetable Chow Mein
vegetable,chowmein



I was really tempted to try what it would taste like when ordered from a local restaurant here in our place. Well, of course their usual veggies here include cabbage strips, carrot and spring onions. I was expecting they would also include some mushrooms, snow peas and broccolis but not. About the type of noodles, well the usual thing here is the egg noodle type, so it would never be like any thin noodles or flat ramen type.

There goes their noodle doodle...
vegetable chowmein



It tasted a bit like chopsuey but with noodles. I just like it when it was delivered home hot and fresh, still steaming with its goodness for the price of Rs 80.00. I immediately transferred it to a bowl and mixed it well so that the noodles and veggies would blend well, sorry no chop sticks included. Anyway if I have to do my own chow mein, I would definitely include those veggies I have mentioned above. If I have to rate this recipe that the chef cooked, I would give it 6 out of 10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email