Saturday, May 14, 2011

Beef and Potatoes Omelet

I didn’t put all my minced beef and potatoes into the pan when I cooked it yesterday. I subdivided it and cook it with egg and made an omelet out of it. I just wish I had cheese and grated some to put it in my omelet but anyway, it was as good as this one anyway.


Minced beef and potatoes omelet
omellette,beef,potatoes



Simple ways to prepare your omelet:

Potatoes (cut into smaller dice) so that it can be easier to cook
Beef (toast it first) I don’t include it as raw because some minced beef are hard and rubbery

I do cook my potatoes first before I include it in egg. Why? It’s because I don’t want it hard from the inside while your egg was already over toasted on the outside. About the beef, what I can instruct you to do is to boil it first with enough water, meaning if you’re going to use ¼ kilo of minced beef, then your water should be about 4-5 tbsp. of water. Once the water is drained, then that is the time that you can put your oil and toasts the minced beef.

But if you like to put raw minced beef and raw potatoes, on your omelet it’s up to you, but I can guarantee you that it will be hard and rubbery and the egg will be overcooked. When combining the two ingredients together with your batted egg put some salt and ground black pepper first on your mixture so that there is taste in your omelet.

Never put a lot of oil when frying it, you can just add 2 tbsp. of oil and that will be sufficient if it’s only a portion of beef and potatoes. But if you have more than ¼ kilo, well you can figure it out obviously if the pan needs more oil or not. It will be bubbly and froth once the beef and potatoes soaked in egg are placed in the pan. Use a big flat spatula to overturn the omelet and avoid messing it.I don’t have a measure cup for placing the omelet into perfect round; just a spoon to place it in but it’s still gorgeous to look at. Hope you like this meal!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email