Monday, August 1, 2011

Chicken Macaroni with Cheese

This is not a baked recipe my friends, it was soup. The weather is cold and rainy and soup is what my mind tells me to prepare. It as just a patterned recipe although what I just added was cheese because there was no evaporated milk available here. I don’t like to use fresh milk and I don’t have the time to go out so in order for my soup to be cloudy a bit and to make it milky, I used a regular cheddar cheese.

I did not grate it; I just cut it into smaller cubes. It tastes great and it was still a delicious soup. Before, I was able to share here about chicken soup but I used penne pasta. Now I did use elbow macaroni and cabbage. If you have carrots, it would even be better to look at plus sprinkle it with fresh celery.


chicken macaroni


You can use butter for frying the chicken first. But I what I did use was a normal vegetable oil and I see to it that the chicken was light brown in color before you sauté it in garlic and onion and add some chicken bouillon cube before putting water for the soup.

It is up to you how much water would you like to put. This depends on the number of chicken that you have and for how many persons should you serve your soup. You can only put the cabbage once your macaroni is 75% done so you don’t over cook your veggie.

I also use fish sauce here as well as salt and pepper for seasoning. If you don’t have fish sauce, it’s okay. You can just use plain salt and ground black pepper to taste. It will only take 3 to 4 minutes to get your chicken done before you add your macaroni. About the macaroni, this will take about 5-8 minutes (this depends on the brand) of macaroni that you are using so just look at the instruction on the label.

You can also add other veggies to your soup like green beans but I still prefer to use only cabbage, carrot or you can add some corn kernels and mushrooms too. This recipe is just easy to make so I do hope you try it also.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email