Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Trauma of Eating Food Outside while Traveling

We went to Goa, the Southwest part of India to visit my in-laws last month of September. We didn’t stay long since we needed to go back for work so we took a bus which is really painstaking for me because it takes 9-12 long hours of travel.

I really hate long distance traveling because I am not comfortable and I cannot sleep. We cannot catch a train schedule because it is always full so for us to travel back, we don’t have any option. Traveling by bus would also mean that I needed to control my pee because the bus only stops twice, one is for a dinner break, and another one is at early morning for those who needed to take a short coffee or tea break.

The bus stopped on a regular restaurant where the drivers take their passengers for a short dinner break. The place was not that great and the food was also terrible. I just wanted a hot soup and they don’t even have one so we just ordered egg biryani and some softdrinks. We just ordered the smallest bottle because I don’t want to trouble myself if I feel like peeing so I really control my liquid intake during travels.

As you can see at the bottom, this is what the waiter gave us without any shame. We don’t have the time and energy to complain because were so tired and were in a hurry to get back to our bus so we just prayed that this drink would not cause our stomach to ache and sip a little even if the bottle neck was really rusted.

Photobucket

I have never thought that they can still serve this to customers. Maybe if I was in another country, customers should have already complained for the lack of sanitary measures and safety of the restaurant by serving such drink. The trauma of eating food outside while traveling would always hunt me. I always see to it that when we travel again, I would pack our own food and drinks. Just once in our life we do experience bad restaurant service.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh well, it's all in the game. :)

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email