Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fish Stewed with Vinegar, Garlic and Ginger

I really don't know the exact English of this recipe, but we call it Paksiw na Isda. Paksiw means cooked with vinegar, salt, garlic and ginger while isda means fish. I have missed this recipe because my mom used to prepare this for us. We don't even happen to have that fish she used for cooking. So since our vacation here it is timely that we taste her favorite dish.

You can also include eggplant in this delicious dish. The eggplant will really absorb the taste of the vinegar, garlic and ginger which I really appreciate the taste. But my brother is not a fan of this recipe so he just eat less whenever our mother prepares this food.

Have you also tasted this type of dish? You can try this in any small but tasty fishes. IT is just simple to prepare because the main ingredients will just be vinegar, salt, garlic, ginger, black pepper, lady finger chili, onion and vegetable such as eggplant to include. You can include water but not too much as this is not a soup recipe.

photo credit: my own photo, copyright 2014, All rights reserved


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email