Monday, June 10, 2013

Green Mangoes with Bagoong Alamang

Bagoong alamang or also known as shrimp paste is my favorite for dipping green mangoes. Here in the Philippines it is really a great combination for unripe mangoes and what I like the most was Indian mangoes which is available in summer season.

I also do like shrimp paste in kare-kare which is a famous dish here. But anyway I will be posting kare-kare some other time, but for now I have to talk about green mangoes. This was given to us by our auntie in Sta. Rosa Laguna where they have mango trees which keep on growing sweet green Indian mangoes.

I remember when we were kids; we just wash off these mangoes and eat it straight away without using any knife for removing the peel. Now that my teeth are already weak after I gave birth, I can’t do the same thing.
I do like shrimp paste that are spicy hot, but this one on the photo was without chili because my family would not like much chili on it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email